All available career opportunities at the EPIC school will be posted here. We encourage you to submit your resume and application as indicated per available position. If you submit your resume for a position that is not listed here at any given time, we will file your information and follow up with you if a position becomes available. EPIC is an AA/EOE employer.
If interested, please email a copy of your resume, letter of interest and certifications: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Teacher Job Opening:
Must have TOSD/TOH & K-6 certification and/or CEAS/CE
Experience working students with autism, discrete trial teaching and data collection a plus, but willing to train the right individual.
Email a copy of your resume, certificates and a letter of intent to: email@example.com
- Teaches students in his/her classroom in accordance with the EPIC curriculum and the students’ IEP’s and oversees classroom staff and activities.
- Assists the Executive Director and Trainer in the preparation and filing of data sheets as well as the writing and distribution of progress reports three times per year.
- Prepares and maintains the classroom for instruction, overseeing the readiness of the cubicles and furnishings, assuring that all curricular materials and supplies are available and properly arranged, and that staff are apprised of any changes to the daily schedule.
- Assists the Special Education Aides in problem solving, the implementation of individual skill acquisition, and the careful and accurate recording of data.
- Works with the Executive Director and Trainer to identify and problem solve programs in which the data do not demonstrate change in the desired direction or to develop new programming ideas.
- Reviews the students’ current record books for completeness, clarity, and coherence at least weekly.
- Reviews the students’ current record notebooks for skill acquisition and identify and provide recommendations for programs that do not display acquisition.
- Assists the Executive Director in educational program reviews, workshops, and in-service training.
- Ensures that progress logs for parents are accurate and current.
- Communicates with parents regarding their child’s daily progress and behavior multiple times per week.
- Attends staff meetings, training sessions, and is thoroughly versed in the policies and procedure of the EPIC school.
- Participates in and develops necessary documents for IEP meetings.
- Contributes information on the performance of Special Education Aides.
- Ensures that the classroom and common areas of the facility are properly maintained, in accordance with assigned duties.
- Participates in Parent/Teacher conferences as directed by the Executive Director.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director or the Principal.
- Maintains accurate student attendance records.
- Prepares clinic agendas and provides them to the Executive Director 2 days prior to the scheduled clinic.
- Prepares the clinic room for clinics in advance of the clinic meetings.
- Completes behavioral or academic assessments as instructed by the Executive Director or Trainer.